Designing an Android-Based Diabetes Health Reminder Educational Information System

  • Roisudin Adi Nugroho Faculty of Computer Engineering, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
  • Apoina Kartini Faculty of Computer Engineering, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
  • Agung Budi Prasetijo Department of Public Health Nutrition, Diponegoro University, indonesia
Keywords: System Design, Diabetes Mellitus (DM), Reminder, Android.

Abstract

The key to the success of diabetes management is to improve lifestyle and behavior, and the majority (more
than 90%) of diabetes management activities are carried out by clients, so it is very important to conduct
research to explore clients' experiences in improving life patterns in order to control their blood glucose.
The purpose of this study was to obtain an assessment of client compliance in routine blood glucose checks
at Puskesmas Mayong II Jepara.
Methods of data collection in this study by means of observation and interviews. The variables used in this
study were the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and accessibility of the information. As for analyzing the
data, it was carried out by 3 methods, namely; analysis of the system test results (content analysis),
analysis of the results of interviews (descriptive analysis), and testing the results of information systems
before and after the development of information systems (analytic analysis).
The results of the study illustrate the level of adherence to the diet of diabetic patients. The study showed
that 43% of patients adhered to the recommended diet. While the remaining 57% of patients do not adhere
to the diabetes diet. Prevention of acute complications and reduction of the risk of long-term complications
can be done if the patient is adherent to the diet so that they have good glycemic control. The reduction in
the incidence of retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy is associated with improved glycemic control.
Meanwhile, patients who do not adhere to a diet and are not controlled will result in a bad glycemic load,
so that prevention of complications cannot be done properly.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
2020-10-31
How to Cite
Nugroho, R. A., Kartini, A., & Prasetijo, A. B. (2020). Designing an Android-Based Diabetes Health Reminder Educational Information System. International Journal of Health, Education & Social (IJHES), 3(10), 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1234/ijhes.v3i10.111